The Mission of Hand in Hand
When people do not have their basic needs met, it is difficult to imagine or hope for something beyond that. When a community of people cannot meet their basic needs for a long time, it starts to believe that good things are for other people, education is less important. We want everyone to have basic needs met so that they have the stability to have hope for the future and to know that they are worthy and capable.
An Update from Hand in Hand Ministries
FPC Family, you heard the call for help from Hand in Hand, and you answered in an overwhelming way! You helped overfill our pantry, to help feed children from Districts 2, 3, 4, and 7 who are food insecure!
We give a heartfelt thank you to all who so generously contributed to the Truck Drive.
Wow! Thank you so much!!
Suggested Donations for Hand in Hand
- All non-perishable food items (canned fruits, vegetables, beans, meats, pasta, soups and stews; self-open top cans are helpful)
- Cereals, crackers, breakfast bars, etc.
- 100% fruit juices
- Pasta / pasta sauces
- Peanut Butter / Jelly
- All paper products - trash bags, paper towels, toilet paper, paper plates, paper cups, plastic utensils, zip lock bags, Tupperware containers
- Cleaning supplies - dish liquids, sponges, household cleaners, laundry detergent
- Hygiene products - soap, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant (for males, females, and children)
- Nail clippers
- Flashlights and batteries
Hand in Hand also accepts monetary donations through the church website.