Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Join us in the Sanctuary, 6:30-7:15pm to mark the beginning of the Lenten season with this brief, family-friendly worship service that will include the imposition of ashes. Nursery provided for infants through 4K.
Sunday, March 28, 2021
- 8:45 am: Worship in the Chapel and Fogartie Hall. There will be a palm procession during the service.
- 9:45 am: Intergenerational Brunch in the Social Hall.
- 10:40 am: We will join with the Episcopal Church of the Advent and St. Paul the Apostle Catholic Church for a “Blessing of the Palms”. Come to Montgomery Commons at 10:40am for a brief service (Montgomery Commons is bordered by the Advent, the Mary Black Foundation, First Presbyterian, and the Piedmont Club).
- 11:00 am: After the service in Montgomery Commons, there will be Palm Procession, with a donkey, up to the Sanctuary.
Palms will be provided by the Sanctuary Guild at all worship services.
Communion Service at White Oak Estates
Tuesday, March 30, 2021, 4:00pm (date and time to be confirmed) // Summit Hills
Join First Presbyterian for our annual Lenten Communion Service at Summit Hills (110 Summit Hills Dr, Spartanburg), held in the Dining Room of the Nursing Center. All who have a family member or friend in any of the facilities at White Oak are encouraged to attend with their loved one.
Maundy Thursday Service
Thursday, April 1, 2021, 7:30pm (time to be confirmed) // Sanctuary
A service of readings in darkness with communion, remembering Jesus' Last Supper with his disciples before his crucifixion.
Friday, April 2, 2021, 12:15-12:55 pm // Sanctuary
The Good Friday service is an annual tradition at First Presbyterian.
It features scripture, hymns, and music by the Chancel Choir.
Sunday, April 4, 2021
- 6:45 am: Sunrise Service // Columbarium, rain location in the Chapel.
- 8:45 am: Worship Services in the Sanctuary and MorningSong (Fogartie Hall)
- 10:15 am: Butterfly Release and Hot Cross Buns // Front Lawn
- At this special event, we remember the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. Since ancient times, the butterfly has served as a symbol of Jesus' beautiful transformation following his crucifixion and death. The butterfly also reminds us of our final resurrection and eternal life, when we will all be changed.
- 11:00 am: Worship Service in the Sanctuary
Cross of Flowers / / Front Lawn
The Cross of Flowers is an annual First Pres Easter event. Members and guests are invited to place flowers in the rough-hewn cross, which is erected by the Sanctuary Guild on the Lawn of the church, as they come to worship on Easter. This cross, full of spring flowers, represents the new life we receive through Christ's resurrection.
Annual Butterfly Release
Sunday, April 4, 2021, 10:00 am // Columbarium
Join us for this special event as we remember the life, death, and resurrection of Christ. Since ancient times, the butterfly has served as a symbol of Jesus' beautiful transformation following his crucifixion and death. The butterfly also reminds us of our final resurrection and eternal life, when we will all be changed.