Ministries at First Presbyterian Church
These critical ministries were created by FPC members in direct response to community needs. They are each housed and hosted on our church campus with many church volunteers who keep them running today.
- CAST (Care, Accept, Share, Teach)
This ministry, adopted as a mission of FPC in May 2015, serves children and families living permanently in motel rooms in Spartanburg.
- Winter Warmth
Every Fall, First Presbyterian works with Spartanburg County Schools to give winter coats to elementary and middle school children.
- Thursday Neighborhood Meal Ministry
This ministry provides dinner for community members in need.
- Mobile Meals
Located next to the Family Life Center, volunteers with Mobile Meals assemble and deliver hot nutritious meals to homebound Spartanburg residents.
- Hand in Hand
This ministry serves families in Spartanburg who are in urgent need of food and basic necessities.
- The Shepherd's Center
Located on the second floor of FPC, the Shepherd’s Center of Spartanburg strives to provide programs and classes for active seniors, helping them grow in knowledge and self-esteem.
Local Organizations Supported by First Presbyterian Church
We are grateful to partner with a variety of organizations that provide extensive care to our community. FPC members donate ample amounts of time and talent to these valuable community partners.
- Adult Learning Center
- Angel Tree
- Angels Charge Ministry
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Upstate
- Children's Advocacy Center
- Christmas in Action
- Citizen Scholars Institute
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hope Center for Children
- Mental Health America
- MLK Jr. Walk As One
- Pine Street Elementary After School Program
- Presbyterian Communities of South Carolina
- SAFE Homes – Rape Crisis Coalition
- Spartanburg Interfaith Alliance
- Spartanburg Ukirk
- Speaking Down Barriers
- SPIHN (Spartanburg Interfaith Hospitality Network)
- St. Luke's Free Medical Clinic
- The Haven
- TOTAL Ministries
- World Relief